Mosaics can be a really awesome way of turning photos or images into pieces of art. Computers have made it a lot easier to create mosaics from photos, with some programs just requiring a single-click of the button to create the most beautiful mosaic.
Mosaizer Lite is a useful program that can turn your images into mosaics with a few clicks of the mouse button. After you have installed the program, you can test it right away with a demo photo. Once you have grown accustomed to the options it provides, you can start loading your own pictures into the program to have a go with them.
To load a picture simply click on File > Load Picture and wait until it is loaded in the program window. You see a preview of the original image that you have selected first which is helpful to make sure you got the right image loaded.
From there, you have the following options:
- Use the current library that the program ships with by default (food is auto-selected), load the rainbow library instead, or load additional libraries found on the developer site. These are used to create the mosaic (available there are winter, earth, covers, coasters and signatures.
- Modify the tile size, amount, quality and distance. Depending on what you select, the photo may increase or decrease in size.
- Once you are done click the Create Mosaic button and wait until the mosaic has been created.
- You can then switch between the original, mosaic and enhanced picture with the click of the button. The zoom slider allows you to zoom in or out of the mosaic
- Click on File > Save Mosaic to save the creation to the computer from where you can send it to friends or post it on the Internet.
What I especially like about the program is its ease of use. A pro version is available – also free – which ships with masks and other advanced features. It basically provides you with additional tools and options to create even better mosaics.